Pork Marsala


I love anything prepared with Marsala wine! I didn't want to cook ... but I did! I wanted to prepare a meal and a second meal for the freezer! Out came my crock pot!


This meal is simple to put together. I simply layered pork tenderloin chops (which I always cut and freeze myself ... from a whole loin) - with chopped onion and a lot of sliced mushrooms! I had those beautiful baby carrots, so I added them to the pot.  I seasoned this with a few pieces of a garlic scapes I've been using for a month! My garlic scapes came in my CSA bag from the Southern Illinois University Agriculture students! You can use garlic paste, of course.  I added several grinds of black pepper and a good sprinkle of chopped parsley and you are almost ready! I poured 1 1/2 cups of beef broth over the whole thing and set the crock pot on high. It  cooked for 3 hours and the meat was fork tender.  I don't add the wine until the last 30 minutes of cooking and I use it to make a corn starch slurry ... 1 cup of Marsala wine with 3 Tablespoons of corn starch. Put the lid back on the crock pot and let it cook so the broth thickens.


I'll be sharing this post with a few of the blog parties listed in my sidebar, but make sure you stick around my home page for a little while.  You might find another recipe you like!  Yes ... you can make this with chicken breasts and I don't use veal anymore, but the broth is wonderful over tender beef.

February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's