Green Stuff Arrives!


Today was the first day of the Wednesday market stand that the University Agriculture students host! I'm on their email blast list and when I read that they would have plenty of dill ... I planned my visit! I never grow enough dill to last a whole year (in the freezer) and I love it on potatoes! I bought dill ... but I bought a big bag of fresh sweet spinach, too! They had two kinds ... one with the ruby red stem ... and I can't describe how good this tastes! What do you think I made with my fresh spinach? PIZZA! It was delicious!



Doesn't this look good? I'm going to tell you just how easy it is to make.



To make the crust, add 1 pkg of yeast, 1 tsp of sugar and 1 T. of olive oil to 1 cup of warm water. I let this sit for about five minutes before I add 3 cups of flour. I use my Kitchenaid to kneed the dough for 5 minutes. Cover the dough; let it rise for 30 minutes in a warm place. Oil your hands and push the dough into the baking sheet and make little wells in it.



Before I add the toppings on the pizza, I sprinkle the dough with parmesan cheese. I like to use flavored oils in pizza crust and for this one, I used lemon infused oil. The topping for the pizza included 1 cup of creamy cottage cheese, 1 cup shredded mozzarella and 4 cups of fresh spinach.


Use your hands to mix the 
spinach with the cheese. I use a generous grind of black pepper in this, but no salt. Salt will extract the water from the spinach and that will make your crust soggy! Mound the filling on the crust ... then top it with a few fresh mozzarella pearls and about 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts. The nuts add just the perfect crunch!



Bake the pizza at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. The crust should be crisp on bottom, but chewy ... and the topping is creamy, sweet and nutty.



I'll be sharing this with a few of the parties listed on my sidebar. Make sure you click through to see the other posts ... but take a look at my home page, first!



February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's