Tomatoes & Pineapple!

 I have had too many tomatoes!  Can you possibly have too many tomatoes?  No!


I enjoy tomato jam ... It is good on toast with eggs and bacon ... It is good poured over a round of melting brie cheese ... It is good over a block of cream cheese.  It is just good.  What I enjoy even more is tomato jam that has been enhanced with the flavors of other things.  I have a really healthy pineapple sage plant this year and I've enjoyed snipping it and using it in many things, so I decided it could only make my tomato jam better ... and adding a can of crushed pineapple to the batch made it even better.

Let me tell you how this creation started!  I had 3 cups of tomato juice left from canning tomatoes.  I hot pack my tomatoes, so having a little juice left isn't unusual, but this time I had enough to make a batch of jam.  Here's the recipe.

Tomato Pineapple - Pineapple Sage Jam

Simmer 3 cups of tomato juice, 1 can of crushed pineapple with its juice, 3 cups of cherry or grape tomatoes (with their peels), 4 Tablespoons chopped pineapple sage leaves and 7 cups of sugar.  There is a little natural pectin in these fruits, but it is essentially the sugar syrup that actually thickens.  Simmer the ingredients for 10 minutes, then drop in 2 pouches of liquid pectin.  Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil and let it boil for 2 minutes.   Turn off the heat;  skim any foam from the top of the jam;  pour in sterilized jars and cover with sterilized lids;  process in a water bath canner for 10 minutes.

Before you move on, visit my home page and check out some of my other posts! I'm going to share my post with a few parties this week, so make sure you skip on over and check out the other party posts!









February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's