Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Sunday, May 10, 2015

First Strawberries of the Season!


When we received a text message from a friend ... that said the first strawberries of the season were available at our favorite local orchard ... we quickly jumped in the car to go get some!



On the way back home, Miss Phoebe ate plenty of the berries right out of the flat! That is so much fun! We'll take her a little later on to pick berries! Pie was on my mind, so I cleaned a quart and got everything ready to make one of my favorite pies!  All I do is mix 3 Tablespoons of cornstarch with as much sugar (or Splenda) as I think the berries will need. These berries didn't need much sugar ... 1/4 cup.


Bake the pie at 350 degrees for about an hour, until the crust is brown and the juices are bubbling!

5 comments:

  1. Mmm, that looks so delicious! Wonderful to get the strawberries fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. strawberries are ripe here, also. I just fixed strawberry pizza. If you haven't had it the recipe is on my blog at http://latane-barton.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than fresh strawberries in in way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm,love strawberry ANYthing...especially PIE..
    I have strawberries in my post, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love fresh Strawberries, this looks delicious! Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday this week.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive