Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Yums!


It isn't hard for me to find pictures of things that make me smile!  I'm linking to Chef Laurie's Yum Yum Party, so make sure youPosted by Picasavisit the The Turner Farm to see all the other party posts!

  1. Don't you just love my fancy fried balogna sandwiches?
  2. How about persimmon bread?  Just the thought of a bitter persimmon making me pucker ... makes me laugh!
  3. Then there are fresh strawberries from Southern Illinois' Flamm Orchard ... and strawberry wine from our favorite Pomona Vineyard ... made with Flamm strawberries!  Oh, yum, yum!
  4. Here's a picture from my Chocolate party last summer.   All my girlfriends gathered on the deck for a fabulous meal ... using chocolate in every course.   They sat in a gentle rain storm ... wouldn't go in the house ... and finally it thundered and came an absolute downpour ... and everybody ran inside!  Trust me ... we were laughing!
  5. Then ... there's my precious Miss Phoebe!  We haven't had much snow this year ... but she certainly has enjoyed playing in it!  My daughter has a perfect video of her daddy teaching her how to make snowballs ... and she throws each one at him!

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try those sandwiches. I work at a winery that produces fabulous fruit wines ~ love to cook with them, as well as pair them with many of our meals. LOVE the photos from your chocolate party ~ how fun it sounds! And Precious Miss Phoebe!!! Thanks for joining our 2nd YUM - Top 5. Love discovering the things that bring a smile to ones heart!
    http://welcometotheturnerfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely YUMS!

    Fried Bologna sandwiches .... a favorite of mine, although much maligned by most of the population.
    They just don't know what they are missing! LOL

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos -- and those sandwiches look very tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive