Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Shopping at Atomic Home!

I'm reposting from a few weeks ago ... so I can participate in Junkin Finds Friday at A La Carte.  Thanks to our hostess for letting us show our treasures!


Original Post:

My daughter "dragged" me to her favorite antique store last week!   It's called Atomic Home and located in my hometown, Murphysboro, Illinois.  It's an antique  store to her ... but just stuff from my first kitchen  to me!  We love the owners ... and we love their style of showcasing great collectibles from the 50s-60s-70s!  

Anyway ... I bought this incredible teakwood salad set ... I seldom see the serving bowl with 8 matching bowls ... in any pattern that is interesting!  This one looks like somebody notched little thumb-size chunks out of the outer sides of the bowls ... Just love it and cannot wait to use it! 

I also bought this great set of  1971 (Sears and Roebuck) Federalist ironstone in LEMON yellow!  There are 10 place settings ... some serving pieces ... and I have the perfect glassware to go with it!  I spent less than $75 that afternoon ... and I think I got a thrifty deal!  You'll see all this in future tablescapes!


7 comments:

  1. Great dishes-can hardly wait to see what you make with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dishes! I once owned a set like this from Sears and in lemon yellow! They also made them in white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look like sunshine ~ something we have not seen in a while here in the North-East. Stopping in from Coastal Charm. Look forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shape of the salad bowls! I am also so in love with this set of dishes! Love the yellow, don't think I've seen this pattern in yellow. Can't wait for a tablescape. Thanks so much for joining in with Junkin Finds Friday! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really did great. Love your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, I can't wait to see a table set with those beautiful yellow dishes...yellow is rather hard to find in my part of the country!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely yellow! And I love wooden bowls. I've taken all of my mother's off her hands for her. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive