Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tablescapes & Parties!

Here's our second Valentine table of the season and we'll have one more brunch table to go!  I'm linking to Tablescape Thursdays, Inspiration Friday, the Colors of Love party, the Valentine Party ... and Seasonal Sundays ... so make sure you  click through the buttons on the left to visit all the party posts.    I'm also linking to Bargain Hunting with Laurie's Valentine Party, so click thru to visit her site.  Special thanks to all the hostesses ... for taking their time to provide the perfect ways for us to show off our creativity.

Almost everything on this table came from the grocery store!  Can you believe that the polka dot dishes ... and the champagne glasses came from the supermarket?  The pink glasses are Fostoria ... the little bread and butter plates came from Cracker Barrel .. .and the crystal hearts (that I'll use for salt) are Mikassa, but I bought 2 dozen of them at their outlet store for $1 each!  This is kind of a bargain basement tablescape!

I composed the centerpiece with some cute wooden things from HL, but the rattan standing mailbox and the white basket that holds it all ... came from Goodwill!  It's an eclectic setting ... filling with things I love!





/

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful dishes!

    http://lessonsofanewlywed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet table. You have the most wonderful Valentine dishes.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dishes. It is amazing what one can find at the grocery store. ;-)
    Happy Valentine's Day! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, I love polka dot dishes, but I've never seen any at the grocery store. Lucky you! Your "bargain basement" tablescape is a show stopper. Thank you for sharing it with us. And thank you for joining in our Colours of Love party.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! I just love your polka dot dishes. Your tablescape is beautiful! I am a new follower, have a GREAT night!
    Aledia~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute table, gotta love polka dots-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Debbie!

    I do love those great grocery store finds too! Everything looks so cozy and inviting, I think I'll just sit for a minute.

    Thanks so much for joining my first linky party on The Little Round Table and I hope that you will be able to visit again soon.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, love all the polka dotted dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Debbie! You're kidding...so many of those cool things from the grocer's??!?!?! You are a SHOPPER!!! I am enchanted by the polka dots. They just have a great playfullness about them! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie your table looks wonderful, full of sweet surprises.
    Loving the polka dot heart shaped dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun tablescape; I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how beautiful! I am visiting via the Valentine linky.
    I wanted to invite you to the two linky parties I am planning. The first will be on February 23~ High Tea Tablescapes. Details can be found on my Wednesday posts. There will be PRIZES!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a fun and festive party! This really captures to spirit of Valentine's Day and we are so glad you linked it up to Inspiration Friday this week! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect post to add to my Valentine party! I am definitely a bargain hunter, so I love that all of the pretties on your table were bargains. This looks so festive. Polka dots are a favorite of mine, so I luv your polka dot china. What a cute collection for a centerpiece. Thank you so much for linking to the Valentine party. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my kind of table, simple and fun. Love all the things you have collected.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful table! Thanks for making it a part of Seasonal Sundays. Kindly supply a link for the readers to Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive