Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Q is for Quail!


Q is for quail ... at our house.  Here's a little picture collage and a really good recipe!


Red Pepper Jelly Glazed Quail

Prepare this sauce to glaze 4 – 6 quail. Mix ½ cup of red pepper jelly with 3 Tablespoons of bourbon and a drop of
Worcestershire sauce.

Salt and pepper the quail and place them in a 325 degree oven. Roast them for 30 minutes, then begin glazing them with the sauce every 10 minutes. Continue roasting for 30 more minutes (total of one hour). In the last 10 minutes, add 1 cup hot water to the bottom of the pan. Let the quail rest on your serving platter and make a sauce by adding ¼ cup of red pepper jelly to the pan drippings. Pour over quail when serving.
 
I'm linking to Alphabet Thursday, so make sure you click through the favicon to visit the party ... and I'm linking to Foodie Friday ... so go visit and get additional incredible recipes.  Thanks to the special hostess of each party!
 

13 comments:

  1. Yum! I think I'll try this over the weekend! Red pepper jelly sounds intriguing! I enjoyed reading through your blog and look forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quail? in a pie?
    I've never tasted it.
    Looks quite good actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great recipe! I always have quail in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son-in-law keeps telling us that he will bring back quail from his hunting trips. Unfortunately, he is a very poor shot, and we have yet to see the first one. Cornish game hens might work, though. Hmmm, that gives me an idea for a great practical joke on my son-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog through the swap, wow I'm glad I did!!! Your recipes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy...but how do you have time to plan events for a living AND your family!!!??

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have quail running the front part of our property all the time, cute to watch. The songs they sing are soothing to listen to. I've never heard of this, sounds yummy. I've had trouble posting a comment, I'm not sure if it's your end or mine. Thank you for swinging by to see the rooster tablescape. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love red pepper jelly
    this looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  9. We always have a freezer full of quail. I'm looking forward to trying this recipe soon. Thank you for the recipe and for stopping by my post. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! Yummy! It looks delicious and so grand on your lovely platter.

    Blessings & Aloha!
    Thank you for your sweet comment. I really appreciate you stopping by :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks delicious. I've never tried cooking quail, but this makes me think I should.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aha! Here is your Q link! Sometimes it helps if you link directly to your post and not your blog. If you're unsure how to do that let me know and I'll give you some simple instructions.

    I've never prepared or eaten quail but this looks quite delicious and anything with red pepper jelly has to be scrumptious.

    Thanks for a delicious stop on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday' letter "Q".

    And thank you for sharing this elegant looking recipe with us.

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive