Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Is It The Year of the Pig??

Did I say the year of the Pig?   This cute little pig cake was one of the many gifts given to my daughter when she visited Taiwan last summer.   She was visiting with prospective college students and exchanging small gifts was delightful!  She gave me this little piggy tucked inside a towel, because I love pigs.



No, it's not the year of the pig ... it's the year of the Rabbit and according to those who know these things ... in the next year, we will be setting more elegant tables ... we'll be more relaxed and calm ... and we'll spend more time enjoying the finer things of life that we've put on hold during this past year.

I've set up a cute dessert buffet table using one of my garden rabbits as the focal point!  I'm using my Corelle Cherry Blossom dinnerware with faux bamboo forks.  I bought a ton of silk cherry blossom stems last summer when I used this pattern on the deck for a Chinese BBQ ... and I've loved using it in other ways.





A little curly stem to go with the silk flowers ... and my Geisha (which is actually Japanese) that Big Daddy's uncle brought back during World War II.  The print is another little gift that traveling PhD Daughter shared with me. (PhD Dughter teaches Tourism Management at Southern Illinois University and is responsible for recruiting International students.)



I'm linking with Pink Saturday, so make sure you go by and visit the other posts.  You can click through the favicon at the bottom of my side bar.  Thanks to our hostess!

13 comments:

  1. What a Sweet Tablescape Debbie! Love your details and The Corelle is gorgeous! I LOVE having a set of corelle and I REALLY LOVE your pattern! How wonderful they would be for a spring picnic OR as you have used them! Hmmm, I'll have to go hunting!
    Thank you for sharing with us,
    Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty table and I am glad to know what kind of a year is ahead, although more elegant tables and relaxed don't quite make sense to me yet, but I am sure I will figure it out in the year of the rabbit! Such a pretty doll. So glad you included her too. I love the soft florals of your dinner ware. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The year of the pig!!! Ya got me all excited for a minute there:@) Oh well, I'm all for relaxed and calm and the finer things too, so I guess it's ok... Fun table and great mementos-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Thanks so much for visiting My Cozy Corner. You and I love the same books. I'm reading the latest one now.
    Blogging is a Blast. I love your tablescape. Happy New Year - Again.
    xo
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely and unique tablescape! Love the china pattern. You always do such unusual settings!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wonderful table setting here. The pieces are perfect for so many occasions. Love that corelle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely pretty in pink with just the right delicate touches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the pink! Very refreshing. I have a Chinese New Year luncheon planned for here at home tomorrow and hope the guests can make their way through the 12 inches of snowfall that came down yesterday. Ick!!! And I find it so sweet that you love your granddaughter so much! Have a wonderful week, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very precious this is with the soft colors. It's fun to see rabbits starting on the scene again.

    Thanks for your visit to my blog. You know what? I LoVED moving and having all those different houses! So yes, I guess being a military wife was a good thing for me. thanks for your mantle suggestions. Lots of times I do have a large arrangement there in the middle. I should keep one there and also consider our other suggestions. :)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet setting for The Year of the Rabbit. Loved seeing all the details of this one. I'm doing something for Seasonal Sundays. With today's weather I just had to post a snowman table. LOL
    Thanks for sharing this beauty. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Great blog! I love your pictures! I am a new follower from the Homemaker on a Dime party.
    Take Care!
    Ana Paula

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet Asian confection...my Aunt Ida brought home a number of such wonderful Japanese items after WWII. This tablescape brought her to my mind...so many precious memories. Thank you for sharing your lovely design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty and delicate. Really enjoyed your pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive