Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Tabletop Tuesday - Valentine Pears

Our friends,  Jack and Sue, gave us a box of beautiful beaded ornaments for Christmas.  They are pears ... in several sizes ... and some are the colors of red Anjou pears ... others the color of red Bartletts.  While I can see them on a Christmas tree ... I didn't put them away with my decorations ... because I've thought of a dozen more ways to use them.   They perfectly match the reds in this arrangement of roses and beige hydrangeas, so I filled one of my big "jars" ... and love the combination!  I'm linking to Tabletop Tuesdays, so make sure you click through the favicon on the left to visit all the other posts!

Then, there's Miss Phoebe's mantel.  We always have to add a little holiday decor, four little friendly sock monkeys from WMart ... are a perfect addition!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining to my romantic contest...I'm going to wait for yuou "heart- shaped" recipe..hugs, Flavia

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sock monkeys are just fabulous. Such cute vignettes. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Valentines pears are so beautiful in the vignette. Love the heart in the middle of that photo, that is an idea I might have to borrow. And the sock monkeys are so fun. :)

    Thanks for Joining the Valentines Party and happy Valentines Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beautiful pears are a wonderful addition and who wouldn't love a quartet of sock monkeys whose hearts are so sweetly displayed! Anne

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive