Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

S is for the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail

S is for the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail in Southern Illinois!   In 1995 I had the pleasure of working with a group of three local winery owners to create the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail ... which now has a dozen wineries!  The region is designated an American Vitacultural Area just like the well-known Sonoma Valley!  We make good wine ... and we love it at our house!

I'm liking with Alphabet Thursday, so make sure you click through the button to visit all the other posts!  First, make sure you take a look at my delicious wine photographs.  You can also visit the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail by clicking through the link in the first line of this post!  Enjoy!


10 comments:

  1. Fun. Hubs and I took a wine tasting trip a couple of years ago in Northern Michigan at some of the winery's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see this post! I recently moved to Illinois so anything about the state is great for this summer when I can start exploring (because I'm hoping that the snow won't be around all year, although I'm seriously doubting it right now) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, the last pic is beautiful-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wine tasting trips are such a blast. Lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rod doesn't drink, and never has, so I miss out on trips like this. Waaaaaaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure how much I'd like a wine tasting, but I'd totally dig a chocolate tasting based on that top photo. It looks superb!

    Thanks for a delicious stop on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's letter "S".

    I think my husband would adore visiting that area.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love wine, so Shawnee may just have to go on my list!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive