Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tablescape Thursday - Japanese BBQ

I posted a Chinese New Year tablescape last week using my Corelle "Cherry Blossom" dinnerware!  Thought I'd share a post from last summer ... using the same dinnerware for an outdoor Japanese BBQ!  (I'm actually not a fan of Corelle ... but loved this pattern!)  I'm linking to Sunday Favorites, so make sure you click through the meme on the left to visit the party!
___________________________________________________________

 
From June 2010

We recently celebrated the birthdays of two of the guys in our circle of friends ... with a Japanese BBQ on our deck. Our meal began with Rumaki, Salmon Sushi and Coconut Shrimp Pastries ... then we moved on ... to a wonderful pear salad, grilled Teriaki Beef Filets with stir fried vegetables and rice dumplings! We poured a little hot sake and enjoyed a birthdy cake decorated with two of their favorite things ... golf and the Rotary logo! One turned 78 and the other turned 80!



13 comments:

  1. That's a very beautiful setting and the food looks very delicious!
    God Bless<
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, some dinner party! The food all looks delicious and love the theme! Keep your flag-a-wavin... Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks delish...lovin' the napkin rings. I know fun was had by all....those are some lucky friends to celebrate with a spread like that. Thanks for sharing and stopping by. Became a follower! Happy 4th to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful setting! I really like how you did the napkins with the rings and the chopsticks. The food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty setting. The food looks fantastic. I want to come to your party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pink flatware with those pretty plates, and the addition of orange in the placemats and napkins ring was inspired! SO lovely! The food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tablescape...love the browns and oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, this is so pretty decorated. The plates are lovely and the placemats as much as the napkin+rings complements the colors so well. I am amazed that you have even glasses with matching decor and the flatware, of course. What a delicious meal in a nice atmosphere. I think, your guests have felt treated very special.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. That food looks way yummy - - - and I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my heavens. This is gorgeous. Love the serene table setting...lets the food really 'shine'. You really have this down perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Debbie...

    Ohhh...a Japanese BBQ sounds like soo much fun! My friend, you really outdid yourself with all the decorations and tablescape...it's gorgeous! The Cherry Blossom dishware really is beautiful and I love the pretty pink handled flatware! Ohhh...and your menu looked "out of this world" yummy! I just know that your friends thoroughly enjoyed their birthday celebrations! Thank you so much for sharing it with us for the Sunday Favorites repost party this week! I do apologize for being so late to get by for a visit...just have been really busy this week!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi lovely lady. I love your Tablescape for Japanese BBQ~~~~ You did a Beautiful job putting the table all togther sweet lady.
    I hope you come join my Tablescapes. Im your newest follower on your Blog.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know how I missed this post back in February! What a beautiful setting!!!! I just happened to look to my right while commenting on this week's post and saw Japanese BBQ. Really don't know how I missed this before. It's great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive