Country Style Ribs!


We love country style ribs because they are mostly meat and not much bone! Truth is, they are a little more like small pork steaks, cut thick!  I brined these little ribs in a combination of 2 cups white wine, 2 cups of cold water, 1/2 cup cider vinegar, 1/4 cup of brown sugar and a clove of garlic, cut in a couple chunks. I left them in the fridge overnight and cooked them for Sunday lunch.

There is no magic timing to cooking country ribs. If they are super thick, they will take longer. These took about an hour over medium heat on the grill.  I turned them two times and after they reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees, I moved them to the corner of the grill, away from direct heat and let them cook for 15 minutes more. I brush on my favorite BBQ sauce in the last 30 minutes of cooking ... over the heat, then off the heat.

While the ribs were cooking, these delicious potatoes were steaming away in a foil pack on the grill.  I peel and slice a baking potato for each person. Spray the foil with PAM and layer the potatoes on the foil.  Salt and pepper them ... add chives, rosemary, chopped onion ... or whatever you like.  Close the foil packet tightly and place it over a low flame on the grill.  I make a pack per person! These packets take 45 minutes. They look like fried potatoes, but no oil is used.


One of our favorite summer salads is this easy cucumber salad. Sometimes I add sliced peppers, onions and tomatoes. This time, I sliced a nice yellow sweet pepper and added some tiny picked red peppers that I bought from the olive bar at a favorite grocery store.  The dressing is super simple!  Mix equal parts of vinegar, water, oil and sugar ... and whatever herbs you like.




February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's