Garden Quiche



There's no garden at my house, but I sure enjoy garden-fresh produce. I had some tiny heirloom tomatoes and pencil thin asparagus hanging around, so I decided to use it to make a quiche that I could enjoy for more than one meal! I used the easy Bisquick recipe and baked it for a late Saturday breakfast. Quiche is good for any meal. Add a salad and you have a perfect brunch, lunch or dinner!


The Basic Bisquick Quiche Recipe

2 cups milk, half and half or evaporated milk
1 cup Bisquick or any other baking mix
4 eggs
dash of salt and pepper

Whisk all the above ingredients until smooth.

Add any kind of shredded cheese you like, but make sure you add at least a cup.

Add about 2 cups of other cooked ingredients and bake at 350 degrees 
for 45 to 55 minutes.

For this quiche, I fried a half pound of breakfast sausage with 1/4 cup chopped onion and 1/4 cup chopped sweet green pepper.  I let this cool a big then added it to the milk/egg ingredients.  When I poured the mixture in my greased baking dish, I dotted the top with some of my small tomatoes and asparagus. Tomatoes and asparagus did not need to be pre-cooked.  I used a combination of cheddar and jack cheese.


I stored what was left in my new Tupperware containers ... in the freezer.  I can take this to work for an easy lunch.  


I'll share this post with a couple blog parties listed in my sidebar, so make sure you check out the other posts!  Have some fun and if you need Tupperware, you can buy it from my Phd daughter! She is having a blast selling Tupperware this summer and Miss Phoebe is learning all kinds of grown up things about doing business!  Visit Food, Fun & Tupperware by Niki

February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's