Pimento Cheese Spread


My family loves pimento cheese spread.  Before I was an empty-nester, I used to keep a container in the fridge all the time for snacks and sandwiches. It was a go-to when we didn't have luncheon meat or sandwich spread ... and we wanted a quick bite. It has always been on the menu for any cocktail party we've hosted, too. It is the perfect sweet and hot bite.

I seem to always have packages of cheese left from cooking, these days. I wanted to use them up and decided to make pimento cheese. Yes, you can freeze that left over cheese, but then I just let it sit in the freezer!

My daughter has a great recipe for pimento cheese, and you can find it right here Nicole's Pimento Cheese Spread

My recipe is a little different and you can adjust the heat to your own taste!

In a food processor, blend 8 ounces of cream cheese with two big chunks of roasted red pepper, 3 cups of shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese, 3 Tablespoons of Sweet Chili Sauce and a drizzle of Sriracha Sauce. I'm sure you know that Sriracha is the new katsup! Blend it all really well and add more of the sauces to satisfy your own tastes. 

We love this on almost anything, but the crackers pictured are Wheat Thins in the Sweet Onion flavor. They are especially good with the spread! Don't forget to have a few fresh vegetables nearby! Crunchy radishes and carrots are perfect!




I'll be sharing this post with some of the parties on my sidebar. Make sure you visit my home page first ... You'll find something you like!

February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's