Upcycle the Old Wicker!



Do you have certain things that are like members of the family?   It is hard to part with them, even when you should??   This wicker rocking chair is one of those things.  I have had it for 30 years and it spent most of its life inside the house.  In recent years, though, I've used it on the front porch where it is under cover, but last winter the cover I put on it to store it for winter ... blew off ... and rain blew in, so it was wet for about a week.  Not good on old wicker.  Spray paint to the rescue!   I scraped all the old paint off, sealed it, repaired the broken rattan and gave it a new color!   So, it is back on the front porch, surrounded by the Sunday newspaper and still offers a favorite spot for rocking!


This old settee is outdoor wicker (plastic) and has certainly seen better days.  I replaced it with a new one, but didn't want to just toss it out, yet.  So,  It became an ornament ... that holds other ornaments!   I still need to do a little trimming, but it works perfectly to showcase some of my little chairs and rabbits!   I think it will be equally adorable filled with pumpkins in the fall ... snowmen in the winter ... and then the rabbits will return for spring and summer! 


Hope you'll take time to visit my Hubpage posts!

As always, drop by Metamorphis Monday to see all the other posts!   Happy Monday!











February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's