Buffalo Checked Easter 2020!

I am fortunate that I had purchased the few things I needed for my Easter tablescape three months ago!  COVID-19 has kept me away from my favorite shopping spots, but I was ready for Easter before I confined myself.

I have come to love black and white buffalo checks.  I used them for part of my Christmas decor ... for Valentine's Day and now for Easter!  I have also purchased a few pieces of Pioneer Woman's Jadite dinnerware.  I love it because I have collectible Jadite ... lots of it and I'm anxious to use some of the pieces together.  It also looks fantastic with my Milk Glass goblets.  Because I had seen several tablescapes using the combination ... I was sure this would be a perfect Easter dinnerscape!


Here's a full view of my table.  Everything we do at our house is country ... cabin ... casually styled!  I'll set an exquisite formal table with good china, crystal and silverware ... but not often!  I bought the table runner, which I've doubled over to use on just one end of the table ... last year.  Not sure where it came from!


The welcome sign in my composed end piece (not in the center of the table!) came from Hobby Lobby this year.  The two checked bunnies also came from HL ... along with checked eggs.  The little black bunny candy dishes were junk store finds.




These adorable bunny plates were also from HL this season.  I enjoyed using the dots and the checks!  Our little family came together for Easter dinner, although we are hunkering down otherwise.  My son-in-law is an "essential" employee, so he continues to go to work. 




We did have a bit of a catastrophe right before meal time.  I was preparing delicious chicken breasts in a cream sherry sauce ... in a crock pot.  I was getting ready to lift the lid to add the sherry and the glass lid crumbled.  It made a quiet little popping nose ... and shattered.  Needless to say ... a quick trip to KFC ... was called for!

These adorable little rabbits were waiting on the table for us ... so we just continued to have our meal!



I made treat bags instead of baskets!  I just love the checks!


I make a printed menu card for every holiday meal or special meal at my table!  It is tradition ... but this menu will go down in history as having been adjusted to include Kentucky Fried Chicken!



I'll share this post with a couple blog parties, so make sure you check out my list in my sidebar.  You might find other posts that interest you!

I'm hoping you are all doing well ... staying home ... staying safe ... and helping save lives.






February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's