Daffodils and Day Dreams



I could tell you that I've had this dinnerware since I was a new bride, but that isn't true.  It is that old, but I bought it in a collective shop about ten years ago.  It is Mikasa Garden Club and what is neat about it is the fact that it  comes in a variety of floral patterns, all under the Garden Club umbrella!  My main set is blue "Day Dreams" and the daffodil soup bowls are "Early Spring".  I have a variety of things in the different patterns, but I mix them all with the Day Dreams set.

Daffodils have started springing through the ground in Southern Illinois, but I've used silk in my composed centerpiece.  The ones in my yard haven't shown their little heads, yet.  We'll just have to settle for silk!



I shopped the house for the elements of my composed centerpiece, which is actually sitting at the 4th place at a table for 3!  Silk flowers in a shabby watering can; the little blue bunny that I've had for years;  The bird cake filled with pastel colored eggs and the faux greenery orb.  I think we are all amazed what we can come up with sometimes! 





The dinnerware is Mikasa; the flatware is Sabatier; the stemmed glasses are Fostoria.  The butterfly napkin ring is one of my favorites from my collection!



I'll be sharing this tablescape with a couple blog parties, so make sure you click through the sites listed in my sidebar.  Enjoy!















February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's