Buffalo Checks for Easter!

When I saw the buffalo check Easter decor in the Pier 1 2019 Spring catalog, I knew I had to set that table!  Did you know that Pier 1 Imports was founded with its first store in 1962 in San Mateo, California?  The first time this Midwest rural chick had a chance to visit a Pier 1 was 15 years later in San Francisco!  I fell in love!

Back to my Easter checks!


The first adorable item I saw was the napkin!  I thought I could build an entire tablescape with just the napkins!  I could have, but I was later really enticed by the table runner ... especially because it was on sale!



 Then, I found this cute basket at another store and the checked carrots on Ebay!  I sure was sucked in!



Here's the  complete table ... and no, this isn't really our Easter table!  That is yet to come, but I decided I'd set a series of Easter themed tables for posts and to photograph to include in a family cookbook I'm finishing!



If you follow me, you know that I don't get rid of things I really love.  I can almost always set a table with treasures in my house or in my storage!  The centerpiece, however, contains lots of new things!  Little stone-looking rabbits adorned with black checked bows, the carrots ... the small galvanized milk can and the cute brown eggs!  All very natural looking. The only re-purposed treasures are the wooden box at the bottom of the stack and the tray that holds all of it!





This centerpiece could keep a group of ladies for lunch ... talking for hours!  A black and white theme for Easter is very unique!


As you look at the place setting, you will see all kinds of things that have been seen before!


The rabbit salad plate is Pier 1.  The black and white china is Staffordshire, and the flatware is Cambridge.  The charger is galvanized tin and the place mat is burlap with a little sparkle!  The stemmed glass is Fostoria.  I love the mixture of formal and country!



I'll share this post with a couple blog parties!  Click through the list on my right sidebar and have fun!











February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's