Cheeseburger Chowder!




I made a small batch of Cheeseburger Chowder over the weekend!  
I needed to stock up on a few frozen containers of soup to use for my lunches. I thaw them in the fridge over night and I package just the right amount for my mini crockpot that I keep in my office. 



The ingredients are simple and you can use whatever you have on hand.  The one thing that I add ... that I've never seen in any other recipe is DILL leaf!  That adds the subtle flavor of a dill pickle and that makes it taste truly like a cheeseburger!

Brown half a pound of good ground beef.  Leave some big chunks.  While the burger is browning, add 1/2 cup chopped onion and half a cup of chopped red and/or green bell pepper. Add 3 cups of beef broth, a half cup of uncooked pasta (I used noodles) and a cup of frozen corn kernels.  Let the soup simmer about 30 minutes.  Finish the soup by adding 1 teaspoon dill weed, plenty of freshly ground black pepper, 1 cup of sour cream and 3 cups of shredded cheese. Continue to simmer the soup for another five minutes, stirring constantly so all the cheese melts and the sour cream blends in nicely.



February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's