People Puppy Chow for Phoebe's Birthday!

Phoebe is having her birthday party at our favorite frozen yogurt shop. One of our best friends owns it!  I made favors to match the party theme, which is "Puppies" ... Why?  Because Phoebe has a new puppy to go with the big fuzzy dog they already have!

So I scanned the paper plates that my daughter bought to use and made these cute tags to put on my cereal snack mix.


Over the years, I've found a dozen recipes for puppy chow that I enjoy using, but I've also learned to love some of the shortcuts!


I made the red coating by simply microwaving a container of red cake frosting. That was all there was to it. I added a bag of peppermint candy discs to it. It takes about 3 minutes for all of it to be nice and smooth. I used rice Chex for the red.  The chocolate is a bag of chocolate candy disks with half a stick of butter ... melted. It takes a couple minutes for that to be smooth. I used the new chocolate Chex cereal for that batch ... then I tossed both flavors together and sprinkled them with about 3 cups of powdered sugar.  I added chocolate candies to the batch and bagged it.




I love these soft peppermints, but I can't eat them without blowing my Diabetic diet!  I added a couple to each bag of snack mix.






I found some cute "Happy Birthday" ribbon to tie each bag ... and attached the tags with teal and lime green ribbon. I used my Cricut to cut the flowers.






I made a big card to match the party decorations ... but the dog in this picture is "Sugar" ... the new fur baby at Phoebe's house!



Sugar was adopted at a pet fair ... where doggie and Santa pictures were also made!



Here's Miss Phoebe with her pets .... and Santa!

I'll be sharing this post with some of the parties that I list on my sidebar. Make sure you click through to see the other posts!

February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's