Apple Festival on my Table!



In my little hometown, the annual Apple Festival should have been 69 years old this year.  COVID prevented it, but the community still celebrated in a virtual kind of way!  I joined in by setting a festival tablescape and fixing some great food.  Because I'm from an apple kind of town ... I have lots of apple themed dishes and decor.




If you follow me, you know that I compose centerpieces or endpieces using things I have. Sometimes, I add fresh flowers or plants, but usually everything comes from shopping the house!

I think my favorite part of this centerpiece is the little green screen door! When I was a kid, my great uncle had a screen door that looked just like this one! It was even painted green, which was a common front porch color!



Just like my centerpiece, my place settings are composed of may things I've collected over time!  I've loved apples for as long as I can remember, so I've added lots of apple things to my collections!


The apple soup bowl and the large ceramic apple in the centerpiece are from Tara's Temptations collection.  I love them!  The apple mugs came from Walmart ten years ago!  The flatware is new and came from Ginny's this year.  The plates are called "Festival" and showcase apples, pears and cherries!  The stemmed glasses are 1940s pressed glass, the red handled fruit knives have been used at my tables for years and the little apple shaped plates came from a shop in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee at least ten years ago!


These are my favorite parts of the tablescape!  I love the screen door ... love the checked tablecloth and the checked pattern on the leaf of the napkin ring.  The flatware is perfect for this table!

I'll share this post with a couple blog parties, so make sure you click through the listings on my side bar.

If you'd like to see my post for apple-icious foods, 

Click Right Here!

February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's