Left Over Venison Roast!


A couple weeks ago, I posted my Cranberry Venison Roast and if you missed it, you can find it right here!  Of course, I had left-over roast, so I froze a couple little packages and pulled one out to make this beautiful taco salad so I could celebrate Cinco de Mayo in style!  I keep a package of dry taco mix in a shaker and use a little at a time ... so I added about a teaspoon of the taco seasoning to a couple cups of the shredded meat.  The roast had been seasoned with Chipotle, but the addition of the taco seasoning changed the flavor a little bit and made it zippy!


You can buy packaged tortilla cups these days ... these are soft flour shells, but the other night I had a crispy corn shell at a party and it was really good, too!  I just put some of the seasoned meat in the shell and topped it with a little salsa ... popped it in the NuWave oven for 10 minutes and had a wonderfully toasted treat.  When I served it, I added shredded cheddar and sour cream.


I make all my salad dressings from scratch because I don't want bottles of packaged salad dressings living in the refrigerator for a year! This dressing is simple ... 3 Tablespoons of mayonnaise with 3 Tablespoons of salsa and a Tablespoon of chopped green pimiento-stuffed olives. I have favorite ingredients for salad, but you sure can make your salad your way! Mine was made from mixed greens, radish strips, cucumber bits and slices of avocado!  Delicious ...

I'll share this with a few parties listed on my sidebar.  Make sure you browse around a little!






February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's