Easiest Ever Orange Scones!


These delicious scones are so easy to make ... I just couldn't believe how good they were! I've made lots of scones, using several recipes ... but this is the one I will stick with. They are great with tea, coffee or a cold glass of milk!


The recipe is simple.  Gently mix together 2 cups of self rising flour, 1/4 cup of sugar (I used Splenda), 1/2 cup half and half, 1/2 cup of 7-Up and the zest of an orange. Don't over mix the dough ... and when it comes together ... pat it into a circle on your baking sheet and cut it into wedges. I barely separate the wedges. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes. I like to sprinkle mine with poppy seeds before baking ... and if you want more of an orange flavor, add a little orange extract. You can switch lemon zest and lemon extract for the orange.

I'll be sharing this post with a couple of the parties listed in my sidebar! Make sure you stick around my home page before you move on to the party, though! You might find something else you'll enjoy.

February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's