Audrey Hepburn in Black & White


When I think of Audrey Hepburn, I instantly think of black and white.  I'm not sure why ... maybe because many of the publicity photos of her are in black and white ... maybe because she frequently dressed in black and white.  
Whatever the reason, I'm celebrating her in BLACK & WHITE!




I've been experimenting with some new looks for wreath-making!  I love the popular geo mesh and find it very easy to work with.  Black & white is a very classic look and kind of contemporary for my country traditional decor, but when I made this ... it reminded me of two people:  Audrey Hepburn and my mother!  One of my favorite photographs of my mother is from 1960.  She got a new camera for Mother's Day ... and somebody snapped her picture with it.  She was sitting in the living room ... ready for church ... dressed in a black and white hounds tooth print dress.  She was chewing gum and her mouth is open in the picture ... and she had her legs crossed and her garter belt was showing!   The picture was a little embarrassing, but it was truly "classic Mother"!


I was pleased with my wreath ... and pleased to celebrate two special women!  If you haven't made one, there are tutorials all over the internet.  The process is simple and I like the fact that when you're tired of it, you can take it apart ... roll the ribbon back up and use the frame for something else ... and save the ribbon for another project.  I suspect that mine will be used again for Halloween!



I'm sharing this with the Summer Style Soiree at

Be sure you click through to visit the party posts!

February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's