BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

I worked on my newspaper cooking column today, so I wanted a crock pot supper that was easy to throw together!  My mother used to make the most wonderful barbecued pork ... long before there was a BBQ restaurant on every corner or even before we had crock pots!  Mama would bake a big pork roast on Saturday, then chop it up; cover it with BBQ sauce that she made herself (with plenty of brown sugar); and throw in chopped onion.  She'd put it in a covered roasting pan and bake it while we were at church on Sunday morning.   I'm sure the old gas oven was barely on ... because that meat just melted in your mouth and made the best sandwiches!


So, I decided that I'd do the same thing today.  Almost.  Mama was cooking for seven people ... I was cooking for one!  I placed 4 chicken tenderloins in my tiny crock pot with 1/2 cup of bottled BBQ sauce and some chopped onion.  I added a dash of Worcestershire sauce, ground pepper and a pinch of brown sugar.  It really just took about 2 hours on high ... The meat was frozen when I started it.  Oh, it was good and all I needed after tasting cooking column goodies all day!

I'm posting with Mix it Up Monday!   Make sure you visit the party to see all the other yummy foods!

If you want to see my cooking column from last week, here's a link to the newspaper column!  Good Food: Local Cooking Column

February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's