Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Pink Saturday!

I'm celebrating Happy 3rd Birthday with Pink Saturday!  Make sure you click through to visit all the other party posts.

I'm having a strawberry party!  This big covered strawberry bowl was made by California's Belmar Pottery ... 1950s-1960s.  I have several of them and use them as covered soup bowls ... or salad bowls.  Isn't it cool?



For this place setting ... for a salad luncheon ... I used a pink Depression Glass 10 inch platter that has handles as the base;  a 1950s milk glass salad plate with a lace edge;  then the strawberry shaped bowl.  The glass ... Fostoria Mignon and Milk Glass Della Robbia ( I think) ... and green faux pearl handles on the flatware.  A great big pink silk mum makes a great napkin ring ... and a small Depression Glass relish tray serves well as a bread and butter plate ... but I'm actually serving dipping oils with focaccia, so the depth of the 3-part relish tray is perfect.  I pick up those little relish dishes at flea markets for a couple dollars ... so I have several.  I love using dishes for purposes other than what they are originally for!


This centerpiecee is actually from Hobby Lobby ... came all in one piece!  The floral ring was already glued to the hurricane. The candle is also from HL ... matched perfectly.  The tablecloth is from 2 seasons ago ... Bed, Bath and Beyond.

7 comments:

  1. Your table looks delightful.
    HPS
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay PINKS...your table is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful table! I love the pink depression plates and the whites too. My fav, the bowl with lid and the centerpiece arrangements in pink is gorgeous! Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your strawberries are cute! Love the milk glass, I promised myself I'd pick some of those plates up the next time I saw them! Happy PS and Memorial Day Weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely table setting for a 3rd birthday party. I adore the strawberry bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed visiting your blog and seeing all your pretty pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!

    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive