Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

C is for Coconut Cake!


C is for coconut ... and coconut cake is Big Daddy's favorite!   My husband has two favorite cakes and this is the number one!   I make it a couple times a year to celebrate our anniversary and during the Christmas holidays ... from fresh coconut, using the milk and grating the coconut!  It actually requires 2 coconuts to get enough fresh coconut to put between the 4 layers and all over the cake!

It is one of those cakes that gets better if it sits a couple days ... but it seldom does at our house!  I'm linking with Alphabet Thursday, so make sure you click through to see all the other posts!

11 comments:

  1. I recall having a slice of coconut cake but I don't remember the taste. but the photo looks delicious!

    have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh coconut - mmmmmh, that looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coconut is my favorite & that looks fabulously delicious!! Stop in & read C is for Counterfeit

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! My grandmother made the MOST delicious coconut cake ever!! Thanks for the memory!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks wonderful. It would be great with a glass of sweet tea on a Carolina afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE coconut. In all its forms.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girl you are speaking my love language...FOOD!
    That cake looks fabulous. Happy C to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drats! Now I want a slice of coconut cake, without having to make it. Yours looks so yummmmmmy. Drooooool

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Debbie, this looks beyond scrumptious. I can almost taste this moist, delicious cake along with my cup of strong coffee with fat-free half and half. (hey, a girls gotta save calories somewhere, right? ha!)

    Thanks for a deliciously decadant link to this weeks Alphabe-Thursday.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM! YUM! YUM! It looks beautifully homemade! This is exactly the kind of cake that my mother or aunt would make for my birthday every year because it was my FAVORITE!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive