Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Y is for Yill

Yill is a dark Scottish ale ...

Railbender Ale is a Scottish style beer made by the Erie Brewing Company in Pennsylvania!
McEwan's is actually made by Scottish & Newcastle in the UK!
I love them both ... to drink and to use in braising beef and making stews.  They add incredible flavor!

I'm linking to Alphabet Thursday, so make sure you visit Jenny to enjoy all the other posts!
Happy Alphabet Thursday!

20 comments:

  1. I don't drink beer, but I'd love to use some to soak some bratwurst in...love grilled beer brats. It looks so dark and I am sure would add lots of flavor.

    Blessings & Aloha!
    Thank you so, so much for taking a peek at my "young sweethearts" post. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it would have strong flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just never learned to enjoy the taste of beer. But the idea of cooking with it, especially like above with brats sounds like a great idea.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's this guy , Jay wilson , who is a brewer, and he's fasting strictly on his home made brew he calls , the illuminati, for the 40 days of lent . You can read his story here I hope it's okay to share this link here. Your post reminded me of it .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm...never heard of "yill". Sounds interesting but it might be a little strong for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. licking my lips ... i love a good dark ale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could almost taste that beer! Great post!

    XOXO Lola:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, not my drink! I can't even stand the smell of beer. But, thanks for showing me a little love today by visiting my blog!

    ~Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
    The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

    Check out…
    Alphabe Thursday post.
    Thursday Blog Hops post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am Scottish and my son loves Newcastle. I will have to see if I can find Railbender Ale

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like McEwan's. It's time for a beer, I do believe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of this before - not a big drinker. Sounds great to cook with! {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. it suits for men indeed..
    what a rare take.
    cool information to know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this post, very clever. Have a great weekend! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never tasted McEwan's, but I do have a bar tray that advertises it! Why do I have that tray? Because we are the McEwens! Although we spell our name with an E instead of an A, my husband's family is originally Scottish. He was born in Canada, though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know I never buy ale but now you've reminded me of the taste they add to stews I just might a bottle or two to my next shopping list

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love love love ale.......................

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for visiting my blog. That beer looks fantastic. I love a dark beer now and then .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't know much about Ales or such. It looks very dark and strong. MB

    ReplyDelete
  19. This ale looks so dark and luscious. I once had a bread recipe that used dark ale and it was amazing.

    Even though I lived for many years in Eastern Ohio, I never heard of this! The ale I used to drink was called Jenny Creme Ale, or something like that, and it definitey wasn't dark!

    Thanks for a yummy stop on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's letter "Y".

    A+

    And Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive