Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tablescape Thursday - Happy Mardi Gras!

We always have a little Mardi Gras celebration at our house ... mostly so I have an excuse to make some Creole or Cajun food! Here's the table I've set for this weekend!





I found these cute mugs at GW.  They were promotional items, so I was able to buy three of them to compose a centerpiece on my round sunroom table!  It was easy to find the colors of Mardi Gras in silk flowers.

 


The place setting begins with a gold charger, then a purple Arcoroc plate ... a square crystal plate and a Depression Glass forest green shell.  I will place the wine glass, stuffed with napkins, in the middle of the placesetting ... the flatware came from IKEA ... like the different style.


My version of Turducken is on our menu ... and if you'd like to see how I make an easy version of the chicken stuffed duck ... stuffed inside a turkey ... you can ready my Made at Home cooking column in today's Southern Illinoisan Newspaper at


I'm linking to Between Naps for Tablescape Thursday, so make sure you click through the icon on the right to visit all the other posts!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, man! I love the ceramic mugs. They're perfect. Great use of color. The tablecloth is wonderful. Did you make it?
    Can't really overdo a Mardi Gras table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a Mardi Gras setting! What a fun party-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I've never done a mardi gras setting or dinner for that matter but it looks like so much fun! I love the colors used in this setting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great table. Eye catching and wonderful. Just like the real Mardi Gras! Looks like fun! Lori L

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss going to New Orleans and the food. I used to do parties for Mardi gras too. A big pot of andouille (sp?)sausage gumbo would taste good now. YEAH
    Love all the plates and decorations you did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun table, Debbie. Love those mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice table Debbie. I bet you have some great food for it too! Have a great weekend!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!
    Happy Thursday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been thinking about doing a Mardi Gras table, so thank you very much for the ideas and inspiration!

    Happy Thursday!

    http://lessonsofanewlywed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have 2 nieces who live in New Orleans so interested in your interpetation.. Fun table

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun and perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this...your party sounds great and looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive