Tabletop Tuesday - New Glass Rack

I'm linking to Tabletop Tuesday, so make sure you click through to visit Marty and check out the other posts!

Well ... during that week I took off to move furniture around the house ... to create a fresh look ... I moved our portable bar from the dining room to the sunroom.  We entertain so much on the back deck ... it just seemed logical to move the little bar to a more accessible place.

Then, I attended a Lifesavers fundraiser and bought some neat things on the silent auction ... and they just found their way to the top of the bar.  When we use this cute little piece of furniture ... everything comes off the top ... it opens up and the doors open ... all to reveal a completely stocked bar ... glasses and all.  This was one of the first pieces of furniture we bought ... 35 years ago!  I installed the cute overhead stemmed glass rack and topped it with a little grapevine garland.


Here's a little explanation of the display.  The pottery bowl was made by a local artist ... I bought it on the silent auction ... couldn't resist.  The framed watercolors were also on the auction!  The trivets under the bowl are ceramic tiles sitting in a cork foundation.  An old friend brought them to me from Portugal years ago.  The wooden candle holder came from my favorite museum "General Store".  Just wanted to spruce up a little for Spring!

You might want to visit my home page and take a look at my other posts.  I have a pretty cool post about fireless cooking and the National Federation of Women's Clubs ... way back in 1911!

February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's