Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Monday, April 4, 2011

We love our Maple Hutch!

I'm delighted o join the Heart of the Home Party at Notesongs!  Make sure you click through to  visit the other posts.  You've seen these pictures lately, in other posts ... but I thought I'd tell you the story of my little maple hutch!  It was made in 1947 by Ethan Allen Furniture.  It belonged to my husband's aunt and uncle who were transferred from our little town in Southern Illinois to Anaheim, California in the 1960s.  They couldn't take all their lovely furniture ... and although my husband was a bachelor at the time ... he accepted the gift of the hutch!  When I married him, it was filled with "man stuff" and made a nice decoration in his "not used very much" kitchen! 

Needless to say, that changed quickly!  Thank goodness it has wheels, because it has been in every room of the house ... the kitchen ... the dining room ... a maple bedroom ... the living room ... the sewing room ... and right now it is in the sunroom!  ... and yes, in one of our houses, I placed it in a wide hallway just outside a bathroom door and used it to hold girly bathroom stuff!

We love our versatile little maple hutch!  Thank you Uncle Doug and Aunt Helen!

10 comments:

  1. What a great hutch..and I love those yellow dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maple hutches of the 50's are the cutest little things...I have one but didn't feature it...maybe I should have! I LOVE yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a classic and I can see how you love it. I have never had room for a hutch but I have always thought they were wonderful. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie! Oh, I love your sweet little maple hutch. I have one too probably from the 1950s. Look at all of your pretty things - you have some pretty tea sets. Aren't you glad your hubby was so gracious to accept this cute hutch? :) I know I would have fun playing with this.
    Thank you so much, Debbie,for coming to my party.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful little hutch! Love your dishes against that warm wood tone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a versatile piece like this! Love your dishes, too!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your hutch, and now I'm going to keep my eyes for one..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh now thats what I call a treasure. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cherry sweet blog!

    Smiles,
    Dollys' cherry heart

    come visit

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet piece! So nice to see it treasured for so many years. Aunt and Uncle would be pleased, I'm sure. Love those sunshine yellow dishes too. My mom had those in white when I was a kid in the 70s. So glad I popped in over here.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive