Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Celebrity Chef!

I'm so sorry ... I've been really busy in the past couple weeks ... but I wanted to participate in celebrating the Pioneer Woman! Thanks, Lynn for hosting this neat party. Make sure you click through to Happier than a Pig in Mud to visit all the other posts!    I seldom prepare a recipe without making changes!  I'm one of those cooks!  This carrot noodle recipe is an adjusted recipe from the Pioneer Woman!  She has a ground beef noodle casserole recipe posted online ... and I adjusted it ... removing the beef and using carrots ... and adjusting the other portions!  You can find my recipe in my recent Made at Home cooking column in the Southern Illinoisan Newspaper.  Click "related stories - carrot recipes" to find the recipe.  

I'm off to work ... we have so much going on this week ... a couple conferences in town ... The university chancellor's inauguration ... a heritage sign unveiling ... "Agriculture Days" on campus ... the circus is in town ... and I'm tired just thinking about it!  When it rains tourism ... it pours!  Enjoy the party!



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I bet my family would love your changes, they like carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for joining in Debbie! This looks like a great side! If you get a minute, will you please check the link, it's not taking folks to your blog... Thanks:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like another way to use a great recipe adaption. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie, What a unique take on PW's recipe. It sounds good, and healthy too! Want to let you know that I find your blog template and header extremely cheerful!!!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive