Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Eggs with Legs

She was awakened by a boom of thunder.  Rain was pouring in her open bedroom window.  Her mind was swirling from the nightmare that repeated itself time and time again in her restless slumber.  She had spent Good Friday cooking for Saturday's family reunion.  Her assignment was to make deviled eggs that she prefers to call 'angeled' during the Easter season.  Angeled eggs for 75 people is more than one egg-hater should be assigned.  The eggs were walking in her nightmare.  They all had legs, some had faces, but most were headless.  They were walking in circles, lost and looking for a place to hide from the big silver pot of boiling water.   They screamed and ran hopelessly from the cook.  She opened the refrigerator to retrieve more eggs and screamed at the sight of Satan in blue velvet.  The thunder boomed and she was awake ... saved from Satan.


I've linked to Jenny's Saturday Centus so make sure you click through to see the other posts!  She challenged us to write 100 words about this guy! 

15 comments:

  1. Satan in blue velvet-I love it! Sounds like a country song! Happy Easter Debbie:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful take on this crazy photograph...devil with the blue suit on...clever...Peace and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww first what absolute charm and beauty on your site...love all the cozy, warm and romatic photos of table settings and such....not that your SS post wasn't delightful too...Fantastic post!....and you rock! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. heehee

    This one made me chuckle this morning. Thanks! And happy Easter.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great Easter post. Love your site...very cheery (or should I say Cherry)-sorry, couldn't resist...but it is lovely
    Gems xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever to connect it to the holiday. Love the 'angeled eggs'.
    I think several of us are getting nightmares over this blue-velvet bunny!
    Well done.
    Best wishes,
    Anna
    Anna's SC-51-Harvey's Place

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good gawdolemighty I'd scream if I saw that in my fridge too! Too funny!Happy Easter!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a great story for the prompt. Sad thing is, I could totally see myself having that dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You describe him perfectly, that "Satan in blue velvet." I hope he doesn't enter my slumber.
    Fun post.
    Happy Easter.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. April 24th, 2011
    Hi,
    "Part two" is now ready for viewing! All you have to do is scroll down after the first part.
    Anna
    Use the same link:
    Anna's SC-51-Harvey's Place

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice take on this tough prompt! I love the idea of angeled eggs!

    Namaste..........cj

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eggs with legs - that's how small children draw people! I loved the idea of them running screaming from the pot of boiling water.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was really a close call...Fab job !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Angeled eggs. I love that phrase. Your whole little story made me smile.

    Cute use of the tough prompt. I promise I'll be nice this Satuday!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive