Garlic Scapes at the Wine Party!



My daughter had a wine party for her girlfriends one weekend when husband was gone ... and I was invited! We all took some food and because I knew nobody would know what garlic scapes are ... I happily stuck a couple in my basket! Of course, I had used some to flavor my food.



I mixed cooked salad size shrimp with lots of fresh garden veges that I had received in my CSA bag that week ... chopped radishes, carrots, peppers and I added crunchy celery, too.  The pretty leaves are Napa cabbage leaves.

I was given a recipe for for peanut sauces 30 years ago from a friend who grew up in Nepal. It is too easy!  Mix 1 cup of creamy peanut butter with 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce, 1 teaspoon crush garlic, 1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce and 1 Tablespoon of honey.  I like for the sauce to be slightly thick, but you can thin it with a little peanut oil or canola oil. Drizzle as much as you like over the contents of the wrap and enjoy!



We call "Bang Bang Chicken" ... "Pow Pow Chicken"!  I use the same simple recipe for shrimp or chicken.  I grill the meat, then toss it in a sauce made with 1 cup of Mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of Asian Chili Sauce, 1 teaspoon garlic paste and a couple drops of Siracha.

The more meat you have, the more sauce you'll need and the recipe is easy enough to expand.  I garnished this dish with chopped greens, yellow peppers and sweet onions.  

I'll probably share this with a couple parties listed in my sidebar, so make sure you click through!


February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's