Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Autumn in August


When I was cleaning up all the scrapbooking supplies Miss Phoebe and I had used recently ... and sorting things as I put them away ... I stopped and made something to perch in an autumn vignette. No, I didn't finish the cleaning project, but August in Southern Illinois has included some nice cool days and I'm in the mood for fall!


I used my Cricut to cut some pretty fall leaves and used embellishments from a kit.  I printed my poem on a textured heavy card stock page and just tore the edges. I used some pages from a stack of Impressionist paintings including Monet's Haystack ... to cut the leaves, so they had some additional meaning! Notice my lace edge in the lower left of this next collage.


I have acquired a large supply of vintage lace and ribbons ... from an old flower shop that closed down and sold their inventory years ago. I also used some ribbon recently purchased at the Dollar Tree in this piece ... and in a future post you'll see more of it used in a vignette.  Maybe over the fireplace! I haven't decided.


The embellishments across the bottom of this piece include several paper flowers, and fall die cuts. 








I'll be sharing this post with several of the blog parties listed on my sidebar ... so make sure you click through to see the other posts!  Happy Autumn in August!



8 comments:

  1. Thank you to visit me and to leave your sweet comment for me. Your blog is beautiful. Love the bows and ribbons. Enjoy your Autumn. Lots of love...Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave such a kind and heart felt comment! I am so glad that you enjoyed my post on part of my kitchen. The next post on another part of the kitchen and all my vintage goodies should be up in a day or so!
    I so appreciate your visiting!! You made my day!!

    I LOVE this beautiful creation that you have made!! Your incredible talent is so evident in it!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie this looks wonderful. I admire creative people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The autumn frame turned out really nice, thanks for sharing it at Mosaic Monday Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I did not realize that you also did paper craft. I remember featuring your recipes before. These look beautiful, Debbie! Thanks for sharing it with us at SHARE IT 25, on FineCraftGuild.com Love having party with us and looking at your contribution. Hope to seeing you this coming weekend again! ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to paper craft. This is quite lovely and perfect for fall - I love all the embellishments - so pretty. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fall paper craft looks fall'fabulous! :) Love the little poem too! I am so ready for fall! Here in the Carolinas, it's still hot and humid, but I'm sitting on go to decorate anyhow! ...Thanks for dropping in to visit and for the kind comment! Hope you'll be back to visit! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, thank you so much for sharing your paper craft with us at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive