Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Corn & Garden Vege Salad


Isn't this bowl adorable?  It is Temptations in the flower garden pattern. Look at the cute lady bug and bow decor on the inside edge!



 I made a fresh vegetable salad using grilled corn, tomatoes,  celery, cucumber and green pepper.  Just cut the corn off the cob and chop the vegetables into bite size pieces. Hope you have celery on hand, because I think it makes this salad extra good! I chopped some Basil to add to it, too.



 The dressing is simple ... Just mix 3/4 cup of mayonnaise with a teaspoon of mustard, a Tablespoon of white vinegar (I used my own Basil infused), a Tablespoon of olive oil (I used lemon infused), as much bleu cheesse as you'd like and a pinch of sugar or Splenda. Whip it all together and add it to the salad just before serving.




 It was delicious served with Sloppy Joes!  I'll be sharing this with a few blog parties listed on my sidebar. Make sure you click through and visit!!

4 comments:

  1. I love new salad recipes. Thanks for linking up at the Bloggers Brags party, I pinned your post to our group board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I do have celery on hand and some basil, but I'll have to go buy some corn on the cob. Sounds super yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe with SYC. Oh, and that bowl is absolutely darling!!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie, just hopping back to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a great day and enjoy your new Red Plate.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive