Halloweens Past!



Welcome to Halloweens Past! 
I gave up on traditional Halloween  colors years ago ... because I just love being different!  Finally, retailers decided purple and green could be added to the orange and black themes we had seen for years.  When you look at vintage Halloween cards, you'll find all kinds of color, so I typically choose a couple cards I love and create themes using those colors!   The cute purple witch was my inspiration for a tablescape in the sunroom one year, but these 
cards carry similar color schemes.


      

Then came blue ... another year.  I had first found this transfer plate in some graphic files I had and it made me think that metallic blue would be fun!  Low and behold ... Kohl's had some metallic blue flameless candles that year ... and Walmart was loaded with plastic pumpkins in blue!  Blue ... was Miss Phoebe's favorite color that year ... 
so the sunroom theme was blue!








Now I don't want you to think I don't do anything traditional ... I do and my ladies' luncheon in 2009 was all tradition!   Look how cute the tablescape was.





Sometimes ... traditional takes a different spin for me and polka dots donned the dining room in 2010!  




For a couple years ... I scouted "after" Halloween sales and bought all the vintage looking decorations I could find.  I refused to pay original prices for those things, and eventually I had enough to do something dramatic!  Take a look at this fantastic theme!








The front porch and yard are special places for us at Halloween because we have 400 
little goblins who come visit for the ten seconds it takes to load up on candy!




 My Cricut machine gets a work out in the fall ... You probably noticed the framed items in the Blue Tablescape ... and here are a couple more!  I made this one the year Phoebe dressed like a Mermaid!


Even if nothing else gets decorated, 
the fireplace mantel is usually appropriately dressed for the holiday!




Hope you've enjoyed this giant Halloween post!  I'll be sharing with the Fabulous Fall Party, so make sure you click through to see the other posts!



February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's