Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What do you Re-purpose?

I'm just curious about the kinds of things that people find second purposes for ... especially in your households!    My favorite is to reuse the big bag that my dry dog food comes in.  It is foil lined and has a zipper closure ... so it makes a perfect heavy trash bag ... used best when you are going to have lots of chicken bones ... or scraps from a heavy food preparation day.   It zips closed ... no bad smells!!!   I have also used them as the second bag for bird feed ... ears of dried corn or bird seed.   What do you save to use again ........ and don't tell me aluminum foil!   leave me a comment ... and I'll eventually post the list of ideas!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I just posted my great re-purposed curtains! I've already did some before. Hope you can visit me and see. I love re-using things, it's like getting something new for nothing, or for very little money! Happy New Year 2012.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for your feature, you sure deserve it, your tale is stunning, from the dishes, to the accessories, glasses and flatware. Thank you for sharing, I loved the video, it is fabulous! Happy New Year to you and yours.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not, I save that little square piece of plastic that keeps bags of potatoes or loaves of bread closed. They work great for re-closing plastic bags of frozen veggies:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I lose a sock I keep the lone socks for cleaning and polishing and even to store sunglasses in my beach bag!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive