Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Cloche Party on the Porch!

I'm excited to participate in this week's Summer Cloche Party at a Stroll Thru Life!  Make sure you click through to see all the other posts ... and special thanks to our hostess.


I'm excited because I'm finally unveiling a little re-do of my front porch ... since I have a couple of cute cage cloches!  I'm featuring lots of things that I've acquired while 'junking' as my dad always called it!  Hope you enjoy!  You'll notice that I'm ready for Autumn!  It's been pretty hot lately and a few days of cooler temperatures would be welcomed ... but it's wishful thinking!



I splurged on new cushions for everything and I love the deep red background of the fabric.  The flowers are creamy beige and soft yellow mums and geraniums and look nice with my gold shutters.  I also finally found the dining chairs that I've been looking for ... for a couple years.  I bought the table without chairs, because I didn't like the ones that were featured with it!  Pier 1 had the perfect chairs this season!


This gorgeous wrought iron cage on a stand is one of my collectible store finds.  I brought it home and put it on the porch.  It didn't need any repairs or a paint job.  Miss Phoebe thinks we should keep our rabbits in it!


This cute basket and the cage are from GoodWill!  The basket is outdoor wicker with a plastic lined bottom.  It is perfectly outdoor proof.


These cute chairs all came from GoodWill ... except the pottie chair!  Aren't they cute?  The three bears would be pretty comfortable!




I always have pigs on display someplace!  I bought this chair with intentions of painting it ... but I liked the original paint job ... so didn't touch it.   I've filled the little doll cradle with ferns ... and the cradle came from GoodWill, too!


So, here's the porch, complete with a couple cage cloches!  It's been too hot to spend much time on the front porch ... but Autumn will come!


19 comments:

  1. I love your porch! So inviting and so much to see. My faves are the bird cage and rocking cradle...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your porch looks great Debbie, love the new cushions! It's been hot in Philly too-ugh. The gardener in me feels rabbits should be in cages to:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh this is beautiful,, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your porch is charming and your cloche is perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those cushions.. so bright and pretty..
    even at 97 degrees, your pictures made me feel cooler...
    your newest follower
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your porch is gorgeous! I love everything you've put here. Your wire and metal pieces are beautiful.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your porch, it is so inviting and both of your cloches are so perfect. I could just sit there all day. Beautiful. Thank you so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cage cloches and super porch. So many nice touches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your porch looks like the place to be for summer. Love the white wicker. Your tray was a terrific find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your porch looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a happy and cheerful setting. I love everything you've put together. A wonderful spot to while the hours away. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, Your porch is so much fun and so inviting. Love the white wicker and the pops of color. Your rabbits look like they are perfectly at home in the wrought iron cage.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog with such nice comments.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a great porch -- love the cushions. And your cloches are perfect on your porch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful porch! The cloche displays are great! Love the pigs too!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Debbie...

    My friend, your front porch looks fabulous! Ohhh...I'm loving all of your white wicker...it's so fresh and summery! I also really like the pretty red floral cushions that you found...you're right, the gold flowers look beautiful with your gold shutters! Your cage cloches are awesome! I love the hanging cloche with the sweet bunnies...too cute, Debbie! Girlfriend, you did a fabulous job with your porch redo! Thank you so much for sharing it with us today! Hopefully your days will cool off a little so that you can enjoy that beautiful space!

    Warmest summery wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cloche vignette is absolutely lovely!

    I hope that you will stop by and enter my giveaway.

    Also, I have begun a new meme entitled Wayfaring Wednesdays. Link up your trips and favorite excursions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your porch, so much fun and so much to see. I love the colors, it's so cheery and summery! Your cloche vignette is wonderful! I love what's inside, specially the cute bunnies, just too cute! Your Phoebe has grown so much since her first pics, beautiful! I'm crazy about grandgirls too! Lots of hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wooowaaahhh! can I sit in your lovely furnitures? I really can die for, to all your treasures.

    DOn't forget to head over to my blog to join Marty's and my giveaways. With a 2 surprise gifts.

    Happy TTT.
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow! I love your beautiful porch.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive