Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Tablescape Thursday - Anticipation!

I originally posted this in March 2011 and it is one of the most visited posts I've ever done!  So, I'm re-running it with Sunday Favorites!  Make sure you click through to see all the other neat posts and special thanks to our hostess!

Original Post:
I'm so glad that March arrived because my favorite little museum shop has opened for the season!  I visited over the weekend and bought some cuties that I'll post for the cloche party ... but for TT, I'm posting something I bought the last  day they were open in December!  I spent less than $100 and bought a set of Noritake Anticipation ... 8 place settings with some extra pieces ... and it is almost embarrassing that I paid so little for this china that looks like it has never been used.

I'm partying with Tablescape Thursday, so make sure you visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch to see all the other party posts!  Special thanks to Susan for giving us this neat opportunity!  I'm also posting with the St. Patrick's Party at a Holiday Haven so make sure you click through the favicon on the right.

When I first saw this china, I thought of a hundred different ways to set the table.  It screams 'baby shower' and 'springtime'!  For this table, I couldn't decide if I wanted to feature Easter ... or St. Patrick's Day (since the china was made in Ireland) so I did a little of both!  Hope you enjoy ... and always take the time to visit my home page so you can see all my other posts!  I have a neat Federated Women's Club post this week.


Isn't this pattern, called Anticipation, delicate?  Yes, Noritake originally was made (1904) in Japan, but their more usable dinnerware is made in Ireland.   Unlike the beautiful bone china, their Versatone china and their Keltcraft earthenware are made in Ireland.  This dinnerware is freezer, microwave and oven proof  ... and dishwasher safe.


I set this on my little round table in the sunroom, so it is cluttered and crowded ... just the way I love it.


Look at the border of the pattern ... pretty delicate.  The stemware is Mikasa and you know I cannot set a table without using some Depression Glass, so I used a Princess green bread and butter plate on top of the Anticipation plate ... for no reason other than color!  I love the shape of the cup and the salt and pepper.


The centerpiece for this table is created in a two-piece punch bowl ... probably ca. 1920s or 30s.  It is pressed glass, and the spooner and the small nappy are similar patterns.  I just love old pressed glass ... and I never care if anything matches ... you already know that about me!


I bought this cute little piece at the museum shop ... and it is probably from the 1950s or 60s.  It is all plastic ... with turning wheels!  I've had to hide it from Miss Phoebe ... or it will go in the doll house!



Here's a little touch of Ireland ... the figurines are  Lefton ... and on almost every table I set ... I hide a pig in plain sight!  Hope you've enjoyed my tablescape ... Just can't wait for spring to really get here!  It was 52 degrees today in Southern Illinois ... but it could snow tomorrow!  That's the way the weather is in my neck of the woods!

22 comments:

  1. What a bargain! This table is darling and could be for any spring event, St. Pat's, Easter, brunch. So, so cute, thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, and we could use this pretty punch of color in Philly, we're headed into torrential rains:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, I love your dinnerware and also the tablecloth, the depression glass, and the bunny centerpiece. Lovely table!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green depression glass is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table is wonderfully warm and inviting. I love your steal on those dishes. So versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Debbie Oooohhh...the pattern IS very delicate. It makes me think wedding, baby, spring, Easter, love....all the wonderful things in life! You got a fabulous deal!!! I still want a slice of pie every time I open your blog! I think I have a piece of pecan left over from last night. Sigh! Your blog is lovely to look at, but bad for my figure! :-) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely. What a great setting. And I love the sweet little plastic piece. That is right up my alley! hahaha...so cute!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute table! I love the green plates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful china and I learned something more today...I didn't know Noritake made china in Ireland!!

    You make me hopeful that spring is on it's way (it's cold and windy here in upstate NY). This is such a pretty table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great bargain on the china! Love the depression glass too! What a cute idea using the punch bowl for a centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightfully festive table, Debbie. The china is beautiful, the depression glass plates go very well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great find on the china, it is beautiful. I love this table, from the tablecloth, to the adorable little Irish guys. Your bowl with the bunnies and eggs looks so cute, as well as the little chick in the wagon. Great eye for detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely china, and of course I love that it is made in Ireland! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful china! I love Noritake and have a few sets that my mother bought while we were stationed in Japan back in the 70's. Lucky for me, she anticipated that I would inherit the "dish gene" and even thought I was only a teenager at the time, she purchased the china that they gave to me on my wedding. Noritake Rainer.

    Thanks for visiting my post and I'm thrilled to find yours!

    From the newest follower on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your table is darling dressed in its spring finery! Such a cheerful view for me on a very dreary day. Thanks for the beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your new china is lovely...great get! The green napkin and your beautiful green depression glass bring everything to life...so nicely done. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a pretty and cheerful table! The Noritake is indeed beautiful and delicate. I love your green depression glass and the darling Lefton figurines! Thanks for sharing.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhh Easter, can't wait for all of the cuteness of Easter! Love your little Irish people, they are too cute! Thanks for sharing 'em with the St. Patrick's Day party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful table and I love the Pig touch :-) Thanks for stopping by the Ice Cream Social!

    ReplyDelete
  20. There are so many neat things to look at on this table that I might forget about food. Nah, who am I kidding. I am all about the food.
    A very pretty table and that pattern is so soft and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Debbie...

    Well my friend, I certainly can see why this sweet post is one of your "most viewed"! What a beautiful table you have created! This is the first time that I have seen Noritake's "Anticipation" china pattern...it's gorgeous! The soft pastel flowers are sooo pretty...very sweet and delicate! I too, love the shape of the teacup! Love, love, LOVE the Princess green Depression glass with this table setting! It really brings in a pretty "splash" of color....love that! Your table centerpiece is darling...so perfect for a March tablescape! Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous spring table with us for the Sunday Favorites party this week...this was certainly a treat!!!

    Warmest summery wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooops...just lil' ol' me again! Just had to leave you another little note to say...what a great deal that you got on your Anticipation china! You made off like a bandit on that gorgeous set of dishes, Debbie!!! I'm just tickled pink for you, my friend!

    Chari

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive