Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Foyer Table Spiffed Up a Little!

I've been doing a little shopping through the house and changing some of my decor ... thought you my enjoy my cute little bears from Pigeon Forge ... from the Old Mill Pottery.  The little wooden church was made by my daddy ... when my 1st grade Sunday School class didn't have an offering box for us to drop or change in ... my daddy made a cute little church.  It stayed with the church for years and one time I found it just stashed in the back of a craft closet, so I swiped it!   God  will probably get me for that someday!

Our foyer table has been with us for 30 years and the wine bottle/glass holder was a gift from my husband 20 years ago ... so was the beautiful blue and white jar.  It's held numerous silk flower arrangements through the years!  The dust has been with me all summer!

I'm linking to Tabletop Tuesday so make sure you click through to visit the other posts.

You might also want to visit Ginger, also known as Savannah Granny so see her post about our recent meeting.   Blog friends for life!  You'll enjoy the post.

10 comments:

  1. Don't you just love to shop your house?? There are times when I just keep looking and looking til I find the perfect piece. Your collection looks great!

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and you have so many pretty things!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hubby is always happy when we do our shopping at home. Love the little church offering box your daddy made. You can always use the excuse, "The devil made me do it." Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Love all the luscious cherries surrounding me as I typ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little church your Dad made! I would have brought it home too if I'd found it in the back of a closet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute post! Beautiful...!It is a pleasure to visit such pretty space..like yours..love it:)
    Friend, I would love to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I love the displays, so lovely. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely lady.
    I love all your Treasures in your lovely home.Im one of your old follower sweet lady. I hope you have a great week with your family..
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, I'm visiting fom Ginger (Savannah Granny). It's so nice to meet you and your foyer looks so loved with your special treasures. The little church your daddy made is precious.I don't blame you for taking it home. I would have too.
    Hugs,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love going shopping in my house as well... isn't it so wonderful? loved all your collection in your charming foyer... and the church offering box your daddy made is adorable and looks very happy with the blue jar. I think your daddy will be happy that you have the church to treasure forever! Thanks for sharing your beautiful treasures with us and for your sweet words on my beachy tablescape. Enjoyed reading it!Hugs~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came from Ginger's. I had to see who the lady with as much dishes as I have is, lol! So nice to see you!...Christine

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive