Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Roasted Eggplant Dip



A beautiful deep aubergine eggplant was included in my CSA bag, and I wanted to do something kind of special with it. Eggplant is delicious grilled, but I wanted to savor it and not just gobble it up! I decided to make dip with it, so I could nibble on it over a couple days and really enjoy it!


I sliced the eggplant and a cut a green bell pepper into quarters; drizzled them in lemon infused olive oil and grilled them ... to obtain a pretty char and a wonderful smokey flavor.

The recipe is so simple and can be adjusted to suit your tastes. I blended the vegetables with 1/4 cup of sour cream, 1/4 cup of Tahini, a Tablespoon of sundried tomatoes, salt and pepper ... and several leaves of fresh mint.

The flavor of this dip is delightful ... intense ... every bite bursts with smoky, nutty freshness!  I'll share this post with a few of the blog parties listed in my sidebar ... but stick around my homepage for awhile!  You'll find other things you like!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I have never tried eggplant, but this looks delicious! Thank you for sharing this at the #SmallVictoriesSundayLinkup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look good! I love eggplant and have never thought of it in a dip! Thanks for sharing on the What's for Dinner Sunday linky!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive