Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Cheesecake with Splenda


Isn't this a beauty? I'll be posting several recipes in upcoming weeks that include Splenda instead of sugar. Nobody is paying me to do this ... I'm just wanting to experiment with some conversions. This sweet little cheesecake is just 7 inches, so don't try to make it and put it in a big spring form pan.  If you have a 9 or 11 inch pan, you can double the recipe, though.  Baking time is about the same.

The ingredients are simple. 
To make the crust, crush enough cookies or graham crackers to have about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs. Blend that together with 2 Tablespoons soft margarine or butter and press it into the bottom of a 7-inch spring form pan.

For the filling, use 2 
8-ounce blocks of cream cheese, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of almond extract and 1/2 cup of Splenda. Whip it all together until it is smooth. I use my food processor.  Pour it into the crust and bake it at 350 degrees. It will take about an hour and the top will puff up ... but calms down as it cools!  Cool it on a wire rack ... completely cool ... before you remove it from the pan.

The blueberry topping is also made with Splenda. I cooked 2 cups of fresh berries with 1/2 cup of water and a Tablespoon of cornstarch ... and 1/4 cup of Splenda. My berries were extra sweet. If your berries are tart, it could take a half cup to make a good topping.

I'll be sharing this recipe with some of the parties listed in my sidebar, so click through to see all the other participants!

10 comments:

  1. I would never make this, but sure would enjoy a big slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this would be a nice treat to have with my afternoon tea, it looks delicious Debbie.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great and I appreciate that's it is Splenda. I will at least make the filling right away for over sugar free ice cream. ,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant the topping of course! Our daughter has blueberries growing like crazy right now

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cheesecake looks fantastic! You are really amazing!! Your post has been pinned,tweeted and shared on Facebook! Your post will be featured this week on the Friday Favorites Link Party at Mustlovehome.com. Come by and see your feature and share another of your favorite posts! The party goes live Thursday at 7PM. I hope to see your there...Hugs - Christine at Must Love Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice recipe and blog ,greeting from Mons in Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy summer greeting from Mons in Belgium

    http://louisette.eklablog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds quite delicious! Thank you for sharing this at the #SmallVictoriesSundayLinkup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious, thank you for sharing with us at Good Morning Mondays, blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive