Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Carrot Tops!


Carrot tops are so good! If you don't already know that, you'd better try them! One of the things I enjoy using them for is filling in an omelet or frittata. The flavor of carrot tops/greens is a little like parsley, a little like cilantro and a little like dill! Sure! The flavor is earthy and nutty and when you saute them with the onions for this quick omelet, they are delicious.


That's all I did ... fried a little bacon and sauteed onion slivers and chopped carrot tops in the bacon grease. Then I filled my omelet with all that and added a little cheddar cheese.  All done!  So good!




If you'd like to see a newspaper cooking column I wrote a few years ago about the use of carrot tops, click RIGHT HERE!

I'll be sharing this with a couple blog parties!  Make sure you check them out.



2 comments:

  1. This is excellent---I had no idea! Thank you! :) I love the flavors of dill and cilantro so I'm sure I'll love these too. I noticed you said you were going to share with a couple linky parties so I wanted to let you know I'm still running my homemaking party on Wednesdays at Hope In Every Season but have also started up a new one on my new blog, Big Family Frugal (dot com). It starts on Fridays! Hope you'll stop by!

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is new to me! I knew you could eat beet greens, but never heard of eating carrot tops. Thanks for sharing these great ideas with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive