Red Cippolini


I have been savoring a beautiful red cippolini onion that came in my CSA bag last week. It is so sweet ... and I'm going to caramelize half of it ... but I've been nibbling away at the other half. Normally cippolinis are small onions, cooked whole ... but this one was a little larger and delicious nonetheless!


I used part of my special onion in roasted cauliflower salad. Clean the cauliflower and separate into flowerettes. Drizzle them with olive oil and toss them so they are coated. Drizzle a little more olive oil in a baking pan and spread the flowerettes out in a single layer.  Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes. The size and the texture you desire ... could change the amount of time required ... so check them about fifteen minutes into baking. After the cauliflower has cooled to room temperature, add chopped onion, chopped olives, chopped rosemary and oregano ... salt and pepper ... about a teaspoon of garlic paste and the juice of a lemon. I also zest the lemon for my salad and add a little more oil if it needs it.  Serve it at room temperature, but refrigerate left overs.

I might share this recipe with some of the blog parties listed in my sidebar, but make sure you stick around my home page for a little while. You might find something else that you like!

February's Family Sunday Dinner

Christmas 2020

Mary Queen of Scots Dinner Menu Booklet

Grandma Debbie's Christmas 2018

Grandma's Blue & Green Pupkins!

Autumn at Grandma Debbie's