Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Polka Dot Halloween Party!

I host a luncheon or supper party for girlfriends to celebrate Halloween every year!  This year it is a lasagna dinner ... and the theme is all about polka dots!  Hope you enjoy.  I'm linking to Tablescape Thursday ... and as always want to thank Susan for hosting!  After you peruse my posts ... make sure you click through the favicon on the left to visit all the other great posts!

I always focus on the "witch" in us ... and this year ... I found these adorable shoe-shaped plates ... so had to have those to use as bread and butter plates!  Polka dots were already on my mind ... and things kind of fell into place!
I found the salad plates at Cracker Barrel ... and already had the flatware (Cambridge) ... bought the napkin rings at a little local shop and the small casseroles came from TJM.  Yes, I bought lots of stuff for this party ... but I splurge on Halloween!
 The centerpiece in the following collage is just a collection of cute things I already had!
 I can't decide if I like the purple ... in Halloween ...
... or the polka dots in Halloween ... the best!

I jazzed up the mantel in the dining room with these cute little tricksters!  The dogs set off the purple witch ... she screeches ... and then they bark at her!
I've linked you to all my Halloween posts ... keep scrolling down if you want to see them!

20 comments:

  1. The polka dots are such an adorable idea. Can I steal it? Please?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I appreciate the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both the purple and polka dots and the litle plates -- the pumpkin and the witch shoe are so fun! Love the polka dot casseroles too -- what a fun party to be at! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I love your purple for Halloween and the polka dots too. This is the most whimsical table! All of your plates are wonderful, especially those witch shoe ones. They're my favorites.

    Just an all around adorable Halloween table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm lovin' the polka dots in Halloween! What a fun table, I'm sure all the ladies loved it and had a great time:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table...fun and freaky...don't you just love that purple is included and that nice lime green...Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely one of my favorites. You did such a good job with your table. I love the bright orange and black and how everything just looks so amazing. I could go on and on....I agree with everyone...those polka dots are adorable!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great Halloween funness! Love all the elements you've gathered and I know your friends did too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh i love the polka dots. Perfect for halloween. I love your table. What fun things you've collected!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Polka dots always catch my eye....such a timeless, whimsical design element. Thank you for sharing your charming tablescape. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute table. Definitely the polka dots for me. :)
    D

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great Halloween table, you have a wonderful collection!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute and festive table! The shoe plates are adorable, and I love the touch of adding the witch's hat to the jack o'lantern. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super fun table, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very cute, love the purple centerpiece~

    ReplyDelete
  15. The tablesetting is beautiful. I have the same witches shoes salt and pepper shakers. Your setting is so pretty and every inviting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those witch's shoe plates are just too, too cute!!! Have a Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you really went all all-out with the Halloween decoration. Its stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have such wonderful pieces! I just love the dinnerware. You really put everything together in a delightful way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your little witch shoe plates are adorable! I love your dinnerware.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive