Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Colors for Thursday Parties!


Welcome to my new colors!  I'm linking to Tablescape Thursday and Thrifty Thursday!   Make sure you click through their buttons on the left of my posts ... so you can see all the other posts.  As always, special thanks to our hostesses.

Here's a peek at the new color on our old house!  Our little brick ranch is 50 years old this year!  We've owned it over half that time and the shutters have always been blue ... some shade of blue!  Butterschotch gold is a vintage color ... and a big change for me, but I love it.  It is clearly a perfect autumn color ... but I already know what I'm going to do for Christmas, spring and summer decor on the porch!  Thought that through before I chose the color!  I know I'm goofy, but we have to be prepared!

You're about to view a collage of a cake and coffee tablescape on the front porch!  The sunflower plates and mugs came from GW and they were just $3 ... can you believe that?   The green glasses came from a garage sale, but they were free!  I bought a doll collection, which you will see in future tablescapes and the gal threw the glasses in for free!  You know by now that I don't need the things that I buy at GW or junking ...  and chances are they will go back to GW in a year for somebody else to buy and enjoy.  I enjoy the hunt.


The forks are from a set of flatware from Pier1 and the rust napkins came from Old Time Pottery.  When I have the cute decorative boxes from sets of tableware, I frequently use them on the tables.   I'll be setting a cake in an old avacado green platter on top of the boxes!  Hope you enjoy!  Make sure you click through to the party hostesses and click through to visit my website and see the details about my Autumn Affairs Cookbook ... I can ship it anyplace ... just $18 includes the shipping.




11 comments:

  1. So lovely for fall and I am loving the color of your shutters...perfect with the brick :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    P.S. Please pop in for a visit...I am hosting a very special giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie, I need to learn a lesson from you and recirculate some of my purchases! It is just so hard!! Your plates were a great find! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, I love your fall outdoor table! What a find those sunflower plates and mugs were, and those green glasses are perfect with them. How amazing they were FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, I love the new color of your shutters. That looks very nice. Very pretty table setting also. I am amazed at all of the outdoor tables we are still seeing on Tablescape Thursday with the temps still so warm. Thanks for stopping by.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty table! I love your dishes and free glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new color on the house shutters! Your table is very pretty too. I love GW and like you my dishes may end up back there too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this was fun to see! I love your blog, its really beautiful!
    Thanks for coming by and your sweet comments about the seascape table. It was a blast to do!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie...

    First of all...I would just like to say that I love your new butterscotch gold shutters! That's a gorgeous color! Your autumn table looks so beautiful! I loved that you decorated the little shelf under the table with autumn pretties...that's awesome! They looked beautiful when looking down through the table glass! Love, love, LOVE your sunflower plates and cups! I liked that each of the backgrounds on the plates was a different color! Very vibrant and festive! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely autumn table with us! You have a beautiful view!

    Warmest autumn wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've just finished painting our exterior, too. Such a welcome change, as I'm certain you would agree. Your al fresco tablescape is lovely. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just kept scrolling down and enjoying it all! Those fabric pumpkins are adorable! Lots of neat Halloween decorations!

    Love this Halloween tablescape!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive