Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Mr. Owl Has Lived with Us for 35 Years!




I recently made a run to one of my favorite places ... a collectible shop that supports a small community museum.   I donate a few things to the shop from time to time ... but generally buy more to bring home!  My daughter and I loaded up on lots of things to use in our autumn decorating.   Then we decided that we should take lots of pictures that can be posted to let people know how neat the shop is!  So, this Shannon crystal candle holder in the Dublin pattern was a good buy!  I filled it with faux pumpkins.  In the middle picture, the little "cage" came from the shop and cost me a whole dollar!  It looks equally cute with faux pumpkins!

I have finally found the beaded fringe I want to glue to my little lampshades on my antique lamps.  The next time you see them, they'll be "adorned" with some glitz!  Mr. Owl will like them better!

This is my first post to Seasonal Sundays!  Make sure you click through to visit http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/ so you can see all the other neat posts!  I'm also posting with Tablescape Tuesday and you can click through thefavicon on the left to see all those participants.  I hope you'll also click through to visit my website and take a look at the cookbooks I have for sale.  I can ship them worldwide.  Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. How fun that you donate some things but buy some things. You have put together quite a little display that Mr. Owl would just have to love. I love him and love that you have loved him for sooo long too. Can't wait to see the fun lampshades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your beautiful decorations. You have put together such a lovely vignette. Love the owl picture too. Everything is done to perfection. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' your owl and your mantle is all ready for fall! I know how it is to donate and then fill the bag you brought! Thanks so much for putting the Pumpkin Party on your side bar:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had some terrific finds.

    Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your Mr. owl painting! Everything looks wonderful and I'm sure it was fun finding your Fallen treasures! Those little green lamps are adorable!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. add me to the Owl Fan List :) he is great..or she is great...I like your green lamps...I love lamps on mantels :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive