Welcome & Stay a Little Longer!

Welcome to Slice of Pie! I'm glad you dropped by to visit. You'll find a variety of life styling ideas on my blog ... and lots of grand daughter pictures, too! Miss Phoebe is my best helper and we do lots of special things together. Make sure you take a look down my sidebar! Under the "You're Invited" icon you'll find picture links to dinner parties I've hosted. Under the "Good Food" icon, you'll find picture links to food posts I've done. I usually post a sidebar picture link to magazine articles I've written. You'll find something you like! Hope you enjoy and stay around for awhile!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Farmers' Market One More Time!

It is about time for our last Farmers' Market weekend of the season, and I enjoy loading up on lots of winter vegetables to get me through the next few months until it re-opens in April!  I'll fill my extra refrigerator with turnips, squash, a couple pumpkins and sweet potatoes.  Those things make me feel like I have plenty of locally grown produce, when nothing is actually growing!

This Farmers' Market tablescape was actually a part of a workshop I taught a year ago.  I've posted some of the pictures before, but thought you might enjoy seeing them again ... and I have a few new blog friends that might not have seen them at all! 

Remember to link back to Between Naps on the Porch to visit Tablescape Thursday posts!  Just click through Susan's button on the left.  As always, special thanks to our hostess.

One of my favorite parts of the tablescape is the flatware ... multi colors that really help highlight the many colors on the table.  What fun!!
The centerpiece is composed with faux vegetables, although I typically use real vegetables.  The basket is about 50 years old and was used by an old neighbor of ours when he worked in his garden.  His kids threw it in the trash when they cleaned out his house ... and I grabbed it!  It needed to come to my house to be treasured.
The individual casseroles and the small vegetable shaped salad plates are perfect for this theme.  Hope you enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. Fun items, I'm so glad you rescued the basket! Love this colorful table and the flatware is really unique-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun and happy table setting! Love the colorful flatware.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, unique dishes and flatware. I'm glad you save the basket. :)
    D

    ReplyDelete
  4. How colorful and festive, and those tureens are as cute as can be! Fun table!


    Happy Tablescape Thursday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so perfectly carried out. I love those individual casserole dishes, and don't you think the colorful flatware almost mimics the look of vegetable strips sticking out like that?

    I'm glad you saved that basket. I would have done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, love your vegetable laden table. The little casseroles are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How bright and cheerful this is! Love your colorful vegetable dishes and those in your basket as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors!! What a great find in that basket too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! How are you? Love the festive, colorful settings! Joyous!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that a rescued basket is such a treasure on your table. Way to go! The vegetable dishes are darling. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those individual vegetable casseroles are so cute. I love stuff like that. My husband prefers simple soup bowls, alas, but that doesn't stop me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought I posted yesterday...don't know what happened! Your table is adorable and your dishes look like the veggies you are storing!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. Thanks for sharing your oven issues! It's nice to know I am not alone ;-)

    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  13. What wonderful table pieces! The veggie dishes are so unique and perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just adore those veggie dishes. Your basket was definitely worth saving...looks so abundant! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive